Browsers and Apps
Chrome browser is a bit bloated but it is my default browser to get things done.
These days I often use Safari a bit more. I have tried using Brave browser but it does not seem to stick for me.
- WordPress Admin Bar Control: Allows me to quickly toggle hide or show the logged in WP admin bar.
- 1Password: This extension helps a lot to login to a website using 1Password.
- Cookie-Editor: Quickly create, edit and delete cookies without leaving the tab.
- Sent to Calendar: Send events to Google Calendar automagically from any webpage
Apps on my computer
- Alfred 5
- Google Drive – Download for Desktop
Writing and Editing
Notes, Docs and Ideas
- Google Docs – I often scratch out a blog post on a Google Doc.
- Pen and Paper – Great for simple quick temporary notes.
- Pen and Journal / Notebooks – I try to write about my thoughts every day. I try not to stick to a template but just let it flow.
I like using Sublime Text but I am not really a power user as I am not a developer.
I love open-source and contribute to the WordPress.org project mainly on the community side. It’s a place I truly call home when it comes to building a website online.
Here are some of the popular themes and plugins I use with WordPress.
- Twenty Twenty two: I recently created a website for an independent journalist using the Full Site Editing features.
- WordPress.com Hosting: For my personal blog and website, I have a Business plan from WordPress.com. Some of its recent additions are really great.
- Digital Ocean: I still use a quick droplet on DO to spin up a quick test website especially. For doing this I usually use EasyEngine.
- Yoast SEO: A nice SEO plugin for WordPress. The plugin feels a bit bloaty but I trust Yoast because I see a lot of their folks actively contributing to the WordPress project.
- Local: To spin up a local WordPress site on my machine
Devices and Headphones
- My current machine is a Macbook Air M1 (13 inch).
- I recently switched from Android to iOS with an iPhone 13 which is my primary phone. I have a Pixel 2 as a backup phone.
- Sennheiser GSP 300 Wired Over Ear Headphones with Mic (Blue/Black): Which I share with my wife for some calls. The mic clarity is great on this one.
- boAt Airdopes 621 Bluetooth for music and some calls.